I WAS LOOKING FOR YOU!

Last evening we put the kids to bed and we went outside for some yard work. Laura was out back and I was in the front yard pulling weeds. You see, the weeds are quite tall and are easy to pick out since my grass is really yellow. So I was taking advantage of the situation and plucking them out.

I heard the front door jostle a little bit. I thought maybe Laura was back in the house, putting something away, and bumped into the door. Anywho, a few minutes later Josh appears out of the garage door. Did I mention that we put him to bed already? Josh then says, "I was looking for you Daddy." By looking at him I could tell why he was looking for me. But he continued on and said, "I went poop on the potty." Now I don't know if I am really good, or have a keen sense when it comes to my kids, but I just knew that is what he wanted to tell me. On the other hand it could have been the fact that Josh was standing outside wearing his birthday suit from the waist down.

I went over to him and said good job. He then took me inside to show me what he did on the potty. I must say it was awfully big and stinky for a little boy.

It is amazing how kids always look to their parents for approval. I told Josh that I am really proud of him. He is doing a fantastic job at going pee-pee and poop on the potty.

I don't know if the desire for parental approval ever goes away. My mom sent me a fathers day card and it was awesome. In summary, my mom is very proud of me and my family. That's so cool!

0 comments: